The health and safety of our patients and staff is Twin Rinks Physiotherapy Clinic’s top priority.
Several weeks ago, Twin Rinks Physiotherapy Clinic made the difficult decision to suspend in-clinic appointments to do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Now that the COVID-19 restrictions have been eased, we are ready to resume in-clinic services as of May 20th, 2020.
Following the guidelines issued by BC Health and the College of Physical Therapy of BC, we have made the following necessary changes to our facility, and to our operational and administrative processes:
- Plexiglass barrier at reception
- Increased janitorial services
- Hourly disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces
- Hand sanitizing station at the entrance of the clinic
- Informative signage throughout the clinic and washrooms
- Staff dedicated to clinic hygiene and monitoring of physical distancing guidelines
- Treatment rooms and all equipment to be sanitized after each patient
- Screening of all patients, both prior to arrival and upon arrival to our clinic
- Modified assessment and treatment protocols
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be worn by staff when in physical contact with patients
- Limited number of people in the offices and reception areas
- Adjusted scheduling of appointments to allow for complete sanitization between appointments
- We will continue to offer Telehealth Services for one-on-one Kinesiology sessions
- Receipts will be emailed to patients following their appointment
- All consent forms will be required to be filled out online prior to the first visit. These forms will be emailed to the patient before their first visit and can be submitted electronically.
- Safety protocols have been developed based on guidance provided by the BC Center for Disease Control, WorkSafe BC, and each clinician’s professional regulatory body
- Training provided to all staff on cleaning and safety protocols
- Review of procedures will be undertaken at regular intervals
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW BEFORE COMING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT?
Patients booking an appointment will be asked the following 3 questions:
- Do you have any COVID-like symptoms? COVID-like symptoms include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, painful swallowing, stuffy/runny nose, loss of sense of smell and/or taste, headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, and loss of appetite.
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you provided care or had close contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above 3 questions, you will be advised NOT to come in to your in-clinic appointments and to cancel any other scheduled in-clinic appointments until you are symptom free.
In addition to the above, as part of our COVID-19 response to keep patients and staff safe, we are asking patients to:
- wear a face mask to protect yourself and others while being in the clinic. In the clinic we have washable cloth face masks available for patients who do not have their own.
- Cancel your appointment if you are feeling sick
- Arrive on time for your appointment (no earlier than 5-10 minutes before your appointment time because the waiting room is closed for the time being):
- If driving, wait in your vehicle if you are early
- If using transit, plan to arrive on-time, and wait outside until your appointment time
- Maintain physical distancing guidelines
- Follow floor signs
- When using the gym, wipe down your equipment before and after use
- Use the hand sanitizing station when entering and leaving the clinic
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough/sneeze and throw used tissues into the trash. If you do not have a tissue to do so, please use your elbow, not your hands. Wash or sanitize your hands after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- In order to reduce the number of people in the clinic at any time, please come to your appointment alone accept when accompanying a minor or a person that needs assistance.